Remote control, advanced PC to SPDIF interface with Clock input
The HiFace Evo Two is a true Swiss Knife for its extreme versatility. Its USB device interface is USB 2.0 Audio Class compliant and supports ASIO under Windows and Integer Mode under OSX. It is supported natively under OSX and Linux.
It can be powered by the USB bus or by an external power supply like the Evo Supply Two.
Its comprehensive outputs set includes S/PDIF, AES/EBU, Toslink, and I2S in PS Audio standard.
Supported formats include PCM up to 384kHz (on I2S only, up to 192kHz on all other outputs) and DSD up to 256x (on I2S only).
The external clock input accepts word clocks as well as master clocks, even asynchronous to the selected sampling rate. Sampling frequency information are sent out by an optical transmitter to the clock generator for automatic clock switching.
An auxiliary S/PDIF input allows for sending digital audio data to the computer for recording, as well as for sampling rate conversion through the internal SRC.
A cute LCD display shows all settings, together with the selected sampling frequency.
All settings, as well as HID features, are set by a remote control.
- USB 2.0 AUDIO CLASS COMPLIANT INTERFACE. The HiFace Evo Two is natively supported by OSX and Linux. A Windows driver is provided which supports ASIO.
- LOW PHASE NOISE, HIGH PRECISION OSCILLATORS. The HiFace Evo Two sports two high quality crystal oscillators which help provide a jitter-free output signal.
- SELECTABLE OUTPUT LEVEL ON S/PDIF OUTPUT. Whenever a long cable run must be driven by the S/PDIF output, the HiFace Evo Two can deliver a higher level to compensate losses on the cable.
- EXTERNAL CLOCK INPUT. The HiFace Evo Two accepts word clocks and master clock on its external clock input, which is handled by a special PLL circuit specifically designed for audio.
- OPTICAL OUTPUT FOR CLOCK INFO. When used with the Evo Clock Two, the HiFace Evo Two can send clock info to the clock generator, to make clock switching automatic.
- ASYNCHRONOUS SAMPLING RATE CONVERSION ON S/PDIF INPUT. An ASRC function is available on the S/PDIF input. The signal on the S/PDIF input can be routed to all outputs with a different sampling frequency.
- RECORDING CAPABILITY. The signal from the S/PDIF input is also sent to the computer via USB for recording.
- REMOTE CONTROL AND HID. The HiFace Evo Two is totally controlled by its IR remote control, which also allows the user to control the player on the computer by the HID function.